How-to Put an IM Icon on Your Blackberry Home Screen
Do you use the hell out of your Blackberry Messenger or any other IM service on your device? I have been a Blackberry geek for a few years now and just found out you can have an icon for people you talk to the most.
Here’s how to add an icon for the people you talk to most.
1. On your Blackberry, go into your instant messaging account of choice.
2. Select the contact you want an icon for.
3. Press the Blackberry button (Applications button) and scroll to and click on Show on Home Screen.
4. You will get a message telling you it has been moved (OS 5.0).
If your contact has a profile picture, that is what you will see for the icon, if not, it will be a generic picture.
5. To get the icon to your Home Screen, highlight the icon and press the Blackberry button. Highlight and select Move to Folder.
6. You will be asked to which folder you want to move it to.
That’s it, your icon is moved. If you want it in a certain spot on your Home Screen, you can press the Blackberry button, select Move. You can then place the icon where you would like it. To complete the move, press the track pad or ball.
What tips or apps do you have for instant messaging on your Blackberry?
intro image K W Reinsch