5 Top Social Media Management Tools [Guest Post]
Marketing experts are in agreement that if you’re not utilizing social media to promote your small business, you’re missing out big time. But managing your presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other outlets can become quite complex. Don’t worry — there’s an app for that! Social Media management tools come in all costs and complexities.
Actually, not so much an app as a tool, and not so much tool as tools. The folks at PCWorld have reviewed a batch of them that allow you to manage your associated social media accounts from just one dashboard. They have also ranked them for affordability, scalability, support for the three major networks mentioned above and update posting assistance.
Here are their picks and comments for the Top 5 Social Media Management Tools for Small Business:
- Tool of choice for many social media professionals and small businesses.
- Limitations of the free version (supports only one user and five social profiles) mean that most businesses will grow to the point where it is no longer a workable option.
- Option to upgrade to HootSuite Pro ($10/month) for unlimited profiles and more features seems to have dealt with this problem.
- If you need more-robust analytics and other features, it’s time to upgrade to another tool.
- Marries email and social media campaigns in a way that other tools aimed at small businesses do not.
- VerticalResponse Social ($18/month) schedules everything from single updates to entire campaigns up to 30 days in advance, allows clients to set up their own custom content library of common websites for their industry and offers suggestions for content based on the nature of their business.
- Packs the most features in for the best price among the five services.
- Major advantages are its user interface and detailed but easy-to-understand reports.
- Able to assign tasks to team members and easy to navigate.
- “Smart Inbox” collects all your social media messages in an organized inbox that you can manage from one dashboard.
- Small Biz plan ($39/month) supports up to 20 social profiles. Deluxe plan ($59/month) includes a maximum of 40 social profiles. Premium plan ($89/month) offers unlimited profile maintenance.
- Attention to specific actions saves you a lot of time.
- Monitors social media for business-relevant keywords, creates custom email alerts for key terms such as your company name and manages social media presence.
- Google Analytics monitoring and basic social media analytics come with the Marketer package, which includes up to 30 services ($30/month); Business plan covers a maximum of 80 services ($70/month).
- Tool of choice for companies in the hospitality or restaurant industries because it blends social media monitoring, posting and reporting with instant notifications for reviews of your business on TripAdvisor and Yelp.
- Inbox allows you to deal with all mentions and messages from one place.
- Per-account pricing structure ideal for businesses with a pared-down social media presence.
- $5 per month for five social media accounts, $3 per month for each extra account.
About the Author:
Beth Longware Duff is a professional editor and award-winning writer whose work on a wide variety of topics has been published in print and electronic media. She currently writes on a wide range of topics dealing with electronic payment processing and payfox mobile credit card processing for Merchant Express.